The Childhood Apraxia of Speech Association of North America (CASANA) is a 501(c)(3) publicly funded charity whose mission is to strengthen the support systems in the lives of children with apraxia so that each child is afforded their best opportunity to develop speech and communication.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our growing team in Pittsburgh to further our mission nationwide.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Walk Manager will report to the Director of Fundraising and will be responsible for the execution and coordination of our signature event Walk for Apraxia across the nation. This person must be capable of multi-tasking and have the ability to form strong relationships with multiple audiences locally and nationwide. In addition, this individual under the direction of the Director of Fundraising will roll-out a new Walk model to key volunteers all while maintaining our current program across the nation. This position will evaluate current walks making recommendation for changes on an ongoing basis.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaison to Volunteer Walk Coordinators
- Working with current Walk Coordinators and identification of new volunteer coordinators as needed
- Developing relationships and supervising volunteers of events
- Developing event revenue and expense budgets
- Rollout of Pilot Walk Program to key walks as indicated by Director of Fundraising
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement and growth to include sponsors at the local and nationwide level
- Event planning/management
- Source and negotiate point of contact for all vendors
- Regularly assess the needs of volunteers
- Assess feedback received through surveys and make recommendations for process improvement based on this feedback
- Work with marketing team to publicize all walk events
- Work with the Data Analyst to ensure maintenance of donor records and gathering of timely statistical reports to make decisions.
- Volunteer Management
- Evaluate volunteer involvement and make recommendations for improvement of the volunteer experience
- Working with the Director of Fundraising, assist with facilitation of annual volunteer orientation and training including the creation of training materials and handbooks
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in non-profit fundraising – Walk Experience preferred
- Experience with corporate sponsorship development
- Experience in recruitment, management and training volunteers
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with CASANA-specific programs and software
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff and external contacts to build and maintain successful relationships
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and analyze growth opportunities and expansion of services
- Ability to coach and mentor volunteers
- Ability to communicate in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audience
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
- Ability to operate designated office equipment
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. He/she will be required to follow any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential job functions may change when necessary.
If you are interested in learning more about CASANA and this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of Justin LeWinter, Director of Fundraising at firstname.lastname@example.org; 416 Lincoln Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15209. No Phone Calls Please.