2018 National Conference on Childhood Apraxia of Speech
July 12-14, 2018
Sheraton Charlotte Hotel
Charlotte, North Carolina
Volunteers are CASANA’s most valued resource. Our volunteers come from all walks of life. If you are friendly, kind, and like to provide assistance to others, you are qualified. Everyone has something to offer!
There are many ways to share your time and skills at CASANA’s National Conference. Filling out this application form assists us in placing you in accordance with your interests and our needs. Six to ten volunteers will be chosen to assist us at the Conference.
EXPECTIONS OF CASANA VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteers are expected to attend the Conference and register by May 1, 2018. If you have the ability, it would be greatly appreciated if you could be onsite and ready to work by 11:00 AM on Thursday, July 12, 2018.
- Volunteers are encouraged to stay through the end of the Conference at 4:30 PM on Saturday, July 14, 2018.
- Volunteers are expected to maintain open and regular communication with CASANA’s Program Manager prior to and during the Conference.
- Volunteers represent CASANA during this period and are expected to adhere to CASANA’s Mission Statement and Code of Ethics, especially where it pertains to confidentiality.
- Volunteers are expected to fulfill the assignments they agree to perform during their time at the Conference.
- As representatives of CASANA, Volunteers are expected to dress professionally and present themselves as such.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
WHAT VOLUNTEERS CAN EXPECT FROM CASANA
- The Conference Registration Fee will be reduced for Student Volunteers to $50 and to $175 for all other Volunteer Participants.
- Volunteers will be chosen based on the knowledge, skills and abilities that are necessary to mount an event of this size and nature.
- Volunteers will receive orientation and training appropriate for their particular role.
- Volunteers will never be asked to miss a session to complete a task. However, volunteers may arrive at a session 5 minutes late or may be asked to leave a session 5 minutes early in order to be ready to perform volunteer duties assigned to them.
- CASANA staff will respond to your requests and questions as quickly as possible.
- CASANA staff will be available at all times during the Conference to provide support.
Volunteer Applications are due by MARCH 1, 2018. Please submit applications to Tara Madoni/CASANA, 416 Lincoln Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15228 or by email to email@example.com. Applicants will be notified of acceptance or declination by March 15, 2018 and must register for the Conference by May 1, 2018.