Business Name: Talk to Me
7392 Arbutus Ct
Phone Number: (303) 917-8577
Email Address: email@example.com
Describe treatment approach used: - Based on assessment, I then will find target words that best match their motor planning level (ie. sound and syllable shape).
- I will use an eclectic approach with that includes a multi-sensory cueing hierarchy. Target practice to begin is massed practice to gain the repetition while always having in mind how to vary the prompts, depending on the child's need to be successful in that attempt.
- Prompts can include, tactile cueing, auditory cueing, simultaneous production etc.
- I will include the principles of motor learning so that the practice of target words includes different levels of practice depending on where the child is on each target (e.g. massed/distributed, constant/variable, blocked/random) - all with the goal of moving target words to becoming more generalized
- I will always keep in mind how to challenge the child's motor planning system
- I will move to placing target words into functional phrases as soon possible
- I will incorporate prosody throughout the treatment- even at the single word level
- I will incorporate movement and fun into my sessions to keep motivation and incentive going!
Describe parent/caregiver involvement: Parents are involved from the very beginning. I often work within the home, therefore, I will get blocks of practice with the child in order to model a skill and then I will hand it over to the parents to have them try it themselves. We will then brainstorm ways that they can get the repetitions throughout their day. I will often try those routines with the parents to help them understand the correct prompting with target words. I will leave homework with the parents to try throughout the week. I will encourage parents to video tape parts of our sessions so that they can reflect on some of the techniques throughout the week.
Describe your past and current involvement in the Apraxia community? Over the past several years, I have been involved in training on CAS and being a consult for other Early Intervention Therapists in my community. I have held several presentations to providers about the identification, diagnosis and treatment for kids that may have suspected motor planning issues. I am often called in for challenging clients when therapists are unsure of treatment. I provide guidance to those therapists with on ongoing dialogue of next steps. I continue to educate myself with reading.
Do you provide consultation/collaboration with other professionals (for example, attending IEP meetings, co treating, etc.) Yes
Age range treated? 2 to 15
Hours of operation: 8-5
Locations where treatment is provided? Home, Daycare
Insurance accepted? No
Business Name: Talk to Me