Apraxia Kids National Conference
Student Scholarship Application
About the scholarship:
The Apraxia Kids National Conference is a unique educational opportunity on childhood apraxia of speech, and an unforgettable experience for all families and professionals who attend. Even though many attendees who attend describe this experience as “life-changing,” we know that not all families and students who would benefit from this education have the means to attend the National Conference. With this in mind, Apraxia Kids will be offering a limited number of financial scholarships to aid families and SLP students who may not otherwise be able to attend the conference. We regret that we will be unable to assist all of those who apply for scholarships and that we are unable to provide total funding.
We are also pleased to announce that the 2021 National Conference will be offered as a hybrid model taking place July 8-10, 2021. Because of these unique circumstances, we will be offering an in-person option for those who wish to attend the conference in person and a virtual option for those who wish to stay home and view the conference online. Please note that Apraxia Kids reserves the right to transition the conference to a fully virtual format based on CDC guidelines.
Applications are due December 31, 2020.
Recipients will be notified by January 15, 2021.
Individuals may apply for a scholarship if they are:
- An SLP student studying and researching childhood apraxia of speech and/or communication disorders
Priority will be given to applicants attending their first National Conference and applicants who have not received a scholarship in the past. Each scholarship covers one person. Only one scholarship per family will be awarded. Scholarships are not transferable.
Individuals who are awarded a scholarship are eligible to have a portion of appropriate conference expenses reimbursed (with original receipts) such as:
- Conference Registration Fee (in-person or virtual option)
- Meals (alcohol is not an allowable expense) outside of the meals provided at the national conference.
- Travel (Travel reimbursement includes airfare, bus, train, car, and tolls. Mileage will be reimbursed at the rate of $.40 cents/mile.)
- Scholarship amounts will be provided upon award notification.