Do You Have What It Takes?
The Childhood Apraxia of Speech Intensive Training Institute (Apraxia Boot Camp) was designed as a means by which our organization could strategically identify and intensively train qualified and interested speech-language pathologists in order to BOOST their clinical expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of CAS. It is intended to provide North American-based speech-language pathologists, who already have significant experience with CAS, an opportunity to become “master” clinicians who can then serve as local/regional experts and potential mentors for other clinicians.
Who Should Apply?
This intensive training experience is intended to provide North American-based speech-language pathologists, who already have significant experience with CAS, an opportunity to become “master” clinicians who can then serve as local/regional experts and potential mentors for other clinicians.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an SLP with at least 5 years of experience.
- Is a clinician who has seen a fair share of children with apraxia of speech and feels reasonably successful with clients
from this population.
- Has attended, within the last five years and benefitted from, continuing education on CAS and is able to discuss how
such training has informed their clinical practice.
- Has the capacity in their current employment setting to accept new clients for both assessment and treatment and is
committed to serving as a local resource/information source for other professionals and families.
- Is committed to maintaining an ongoing relationship with the CASANA organization and report apraxia-related activities
in which they have been involved with at least on an annual basis, if not more frequently.
Please note: Clinicians with limited experience (i.e. new practitioners or those who have seen only a small number of children with CAS) – or – those with quite extensive, existing expertise and reputation for their work with this population are not the target audience for this training.