FINANCE & HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
The Childhood Apraxia of Speech Association of North America (CASANA) is a 501(c)(3) publicly funded charity whose mission is to strengthen the support systems in the lives of children with apraxia so that each child is afforded their best opportunity to develop speech and communication.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our growing team in Pittsburgh to further our mission nationwide.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance & HR Manager is responsible for and will oversee our finance, accounting and Human Resource functions and duties. This position will work closely with the Executive Director, Senior Leadership and the Board of Directors providing oversight and management of the fiscal budget, accounting, investment policies, annual audit, along with Human Resources for the organization to include hiring of staff, payroll, benefits and other duties related to this function.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Finance & Accounting
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaison with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Executive Director and board of directors.
- Maintain all payroll related activities including semi-monthly payroll preparation having a full working knowledge of payroll and all entities that fall under this area to include payroll taxes, time off and the company’s 401K program
- Assist with benefit administration including the processing of new enrollments, terminations and changes
- Maintains all employee information including new hires, ensuring recruitment efforts are consistent
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/MPA/CPA or related degree
- At least 5 years of overall professional experience; ideally of broad financial and operations management within a non profit
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A track record in grants management
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and fundraising software
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multitasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands
- Represent the mission of CASANA as a leader within the organization.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff and external contacts to build and maintain successful relationships
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and analyze growth opportunities and expansion of services
- Ability to communicate in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audience
- Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel to National Conference and events as needed
- Ability to operate designated office equipment
- High level of integrity , diplomacy and initiative
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. He/she will be required to follow any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential job functions may change when necessary.
If you are interested in learning more about CASANA and this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of Angela Grimm, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org; 416 Lincoln Avenue, 2nd Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209. No Phone Calls Please.