About this Event
Do You Have What It Takes?
The Childhood Apraxia of Speech Intensive Training Institute (Apraxia Boot Camp) was designed as a means by which our organization could strategically identify and intensively train qualified and interested speech-language pathologists in order to BOOST their clinical expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of CAS. It is intended to provide North American-based speech-language pathologists, who already have significant experience with CAS, an opportunity to become “master” clinicians who can then serve as local/regional experts and potential mentors for other clinicians.
Who Should Apply?
This intensive training experience is intended to provide North American-based speech-language pathologists, who already have significant experience with CAS, an opportunity to become “master” clinicians who can then serve as local/regional experts and potential mentors for other clinicians.
The ideal candidate:
- Is an SLP with at least 5 years of experience.
- Is a clinician who has seen a fair share of children with apraxia of speech and feels reasonably successful with clients
from this population.
- Has attended, within the last five years and benefitted from, continuing education on CAS and is able to discuss how
such training has informed their clinical practice.
- Has the capacity in their current employment setting to accept new clients for both assessment and treatment and is
committed to serving as a local resource/information source for other professionals and families.
- Is committed to maintaining an ongoing relationship with the CASANA organization and report apraxia-related activities
in which they have been involved with at least on an annual basis, if not more frequently.
Please note: Clinicians with limited experience (i.e. new practitioners or those who have seen only a small number of children with CAS) – or – those with quite extensive, existing expertise and reputation for their work with this population are not the target audience for this training.
July 31, 2018 through August 5, 2018
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15282