CASANA improves the systems of support in the lives of children with apraxia of speech by providing information, support and awareness; educating families, professionals and community members; and supporting and funding apraxia research.
The Childhood Apraxia of Speech Association of North America, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2000, seeks volunteer board committee members to support the overall policy and direction of the organization. CASANA values a board and committees which represent commitment, mutual respect and collaboration in order to assure the organization is best positioned to serve the needs of our constituents now and in the future.
In particular, at this time we seek additional committee members who are highly skilled in nonprofit Fund Development and/or Marketing in order to boost expertise in this area on our Board. Individuals who are skilled in these areas and have served on nonprofit boards and/or committees and understand nonprofit business operations are highly encouraged to contact us. Committee members are not voting board members but contribute to the organization through their service as a committee member.
- Review and assess CASANA’s activities to assure effectiveness and adherence to the organization’s mission and vision.
- Work constructively and respectfully with CASANA Executive Director, Board of Directors, Committee Chair and partners.
- Serve as a member of CASANA’s Development & Marketing Committee. Meetings and other discussions for these committees/groups will primarily occur remotely, outside of the quarterly scheduled board meeting.
- Committee members are expected to review the committee agenda and related reports prior to quarterly meetings.
- Contribute to the board’s role in planning funding diversification, communicating CASANA’s impact for the organization, and marketing/branding the organization.
- Work actively within the legal responsibilities of board service, helping to identify internal or external conflicts of interest or other challenges that may put the organization at risk.
Terms, Time, and Financial Commitment
We are seeking a minimum one year commitment. Committee members are expected to attend at least 75% of quarterly meetings, support CASANA with approximately 4 hours per month, from committee meetings and other related work.
There is no financial compensation for this position, other than reasonable reimbursement for expenses incurred during furtherance of the organization’s business. Committee meetings are held quarterly, via teleconference, with more frequent involvement expected on decisions made via phone conferencing and electronically.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume, or requests for additional information, to email@example.com