Adopted June 9, 2001 by the CASANA Board of Directors
The Code of Ethics presents the guiding principles and values of the Childhood Apraxia of Speech Association and serves as a guide for the conduct of its board members, committees, staff, operations, programs and decision-making. The Association recognizes the enormous ethical responsibility it has in providing information and support to individuals who may be vulnerable and thus we believe that the organization should be guided by the most sensitive standards of ethical integrity and professionalism.
- The Association will avoid practices and/or arrangements that could potentially influence recommendations and create conflict-of-interest situations, perceived or real, by having a Conflict of Interest Policy to guide all matters.
- The Association will not represent itself to the public in an untruthful, misleading, or deceptive manner through statements, testimonials, photographs, graphics, or other means.
- The Association will present information truthfully, completely, and without distortion or sensationalism, based and supported by facts.
- The Association will take great care in the presentation and images it generates concerning the children it serves. Publicity and materials will at all times present children with apraxia in a dignified manner, with respect and the highest regard, and will refrain from participating in, associating with or creating images of pity and/or sensationalism.
- The Association will develop partnerships and collaborative activities with other groups and organizations that we believe share our ethical standards and code of conduct.
- The Association will prohibit, in all activities and communications, discriminatory conduct based on such factors as race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability and/or age.
- The Association will strive to understand and respect the diversity of the children and families it supports.