States, counties and cities often issue “proclamations” to designate May 14th as Apraxia Awareness Day. Currently about 40 states have volunteers working to obtain proclamations. Click here for more information about getting a proclamation in your area!
- Write a “letter to the editor” to your local paper about Apraxia Awareness Day. We’ve created a sample letter to the editor for you to adapt as you see fit. (see template online)
- Additional information about CASANA is available on our website at the Media Room
- Distribute apraxia information in your community! You can find printed brochures, posters, and booklets in our online apraxia store. Or download these Apraxia Awareness business cards or postcards.
- Plan an event or organize a community fundraiser and raise funds for our Apraxia programs and research! Feel free to let us know (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) about your events, so we can give your events a shout out on social media!
- Print out our coloring pages. Coloring Page One | Coloring Page Two | Coloring Page Three
- Visit our Pinterest boards from 2015 Apraxia Awareness Day and 2016 Apraxia Awareness Day for lots more ideas about how you can raise Apraxia Awareness on May 14th!
- We’re releasing a special t-shirt just for this year’s Apraxia Awareness Day. Get your’s HERE!
Use your blog to write about Apraxia Awareness Day on May 14th! Share something related to:
- What have your challenges with apraxia been?
- How has your support network helped you?
Once again, our community loves to see parents getting out there and raising Apraxia Awareness in their child’s classroom! Have the teacher take a photo or two on your phone and send them our way so we can share on May 14th!
Use Apraxia Awareness images for your Facebook or Twitter profile picture and your cover photo. Update your status frequently on May 14th and share information you feel is important for your friends to know and understand!
Don’t miss out on any of the celebration on May 14th!
Make sure you “Like” CASANA on Facebook and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!