Suggestions for Observing Apraxia Awareness Day
- Put Apraxia Awareness Day on online calendars of newspaper and news websites (For example, check website of your city or neighborhood paper, Patch (http://www.patch.com/)
- Submit the Apraxia Awareness Press Release to a local newspaper
- Write a “letter to the editor” of your local paper about Apraxia Awareness Day. We’ve created a sample for you to adapt as you see fit (see template online).
APRAXIA AWARENESS POSTERS, BROCHURES, BUSINESS CARDS:
CASANA has distributed all of its posters and brochures available. Orders should arrive before May 14. We are only able to send in the U.S. and Canada.
Download and print a sheet of Apraxia Awareness “Business Cards”. Office supply stores have premarked blank card paper that you can print this to and then distribute from your pocket! Here is the Apraxia Awareness Business Card Template.
APRAXIA AWARENESS DAY ITEMS FOR SALE
We have created an online store featuring just Apraxia Awareness Day items for you to purchase and which includes t-shirts for everyone in the family, buttons, bumper stickers, mugs, banners and more. You can visit the store at: http://www.cafepress.com/apraxiaawarenessday
Also, CASANA has some awesome items in its Apraxia-KIDS store such as a sterling silver two disc necklace for apraxia awareness, apraxia awareness wrist bands, giving bands, declaration bands, and more! Visit the store at: http://secure.apraxia-kids.org/store
AWARENESS DAY WEBINAR
We will be hosting an online “LIVE” Webinar on May 14th at 12:00 Noon US/EDT! Join CASANA’s Founder and Executive Director Sharon Gretz, M.Ed. (mom of young adult with CAS history), Education Director Kathy Hennessy (Mom of 2 young adults with CAS History) and Apraxia Expert David Hammer, M.A., CCC-SLP from CASANA’s Professional Advisory Board. They will answer your questions about childhood apraxia of speech! Learn more by clicking here.
TWITTER CHAT ON APRAXIA
Tweet throughout May 14 to provide valuable information about apraxia. We will also have a Twitter Chat on Apraxia at 2:00 PM US Eastern Daylight Time. Use #ApraxiaAwareness & participate!
Use your blog on May 14th to write about apraxia and Apraxia Awareness Day. Share something related to:
- How apraxia affects your child and family; or
- The special grit, “guts”, determination and resilience of kids with apraxia and your/their families.
Be sure to alert us to your blog so we can share in our social media channels!
Use Apraxia Awareness images for your profile picture and your cover picture (see below). Update your status frequently on May 14 and share information you feel is important for your FB friends to know and understand!